Adventure Wingman will provide financial and other types of support under following principles:
- The Fund will cover up to 50% of the estimated costs of an adventure. It is up to the adventurer/team to source the rest of the funds.
- Support is provided to adventures, not to the individual or teams. That means support is not aimed for purchasing gear but rather on covering direct cost of the actual project (e.g. plane tickets, support vehicle, sherpas, rescue boats, food, insurance, etc …). It’s possible to lend a paramotor or other for the project specifically in special cases to ease logistics costs or wear-and-tear.
- Any pilot or team may apply. You do not have to be a SCOUT pilot.
- Decision making process must remain very flexible. These projects may be very different and hopefully surprising as well. It may happen that an exciting project will be submitted that does not meet all the criteria and yet we feel the project is on the right track…the jury reserves the right to make flexible exemptions of the rules and publish detailed specific reasoning for every exemption.
Examples of costs we can cover
We may cover up to 50% of direct costs of the adventure, these my include
- plane tickets, car rental, truck rental, shipping of paramotors, necessary lodging, campsites
- support crew expenses, support vehicles , sherpas, rescue boats
- CAMERA CREW – Do you have a insanely-good concept for an adventure planned, but lack the skills to capture and assemble the best footage? Take a skilled and talented friend with you as camera crew. We would cover their costs.
- video editing – Please edit and publish if you can. If not, send us the footage after you come home and we will gladly do a professional edit for you.
- Are you a crazy young stuntman with big brave balls? Do you have an idea for a great stunt that might potentially start your professional career? We will help you get the attention you deserve by providing a budget for promotion on YouTube or social media.
Keep it reasonable, of course.
What kind of adventures are we looking for?
No, this is the wrong question.
The real question is: What kind of adventure are YOU looking for?
Big Epic Adventures
Let’s push this sport one step further with great epic expeditions. Go to film wild horses in Romania or snow bears in Svalbard, … whatever.
Small “Weekend” Adventures
It does not have to be a “big thing”. We like small weekend projects, too. True adventure does not have to be necessarily in Nepal.
Are you a young pilot with big brave balls or a pilot stuck deep in his midlife crisis wanting to escape the ordinary? As long as you keep it legal , we are with you all the way.
We are eagerly waiting for your thoughts and ideas.
Deadline for applications:
Applications shall be submitted in rounds. It will be so much fun for us to watch the video applications and read through the details. We are sure it will be hard to choose the best ones.
The next deadline for First stage applications is:
2019, September 30
First, please send us a first stage application. Not too much talking, easy and quick summary of your plans. We will be as quick as possible to give you feedback on this.
The first stage application is not public.
This first stage application serves you to guide you in case your project would not meet our criteria perfectly. Our experienced team will happily give you further advice. Hey, we are your wingman!
Preliminary approval does not grant the award but gets you one step closer.
Adventurists/teams shall then submit a video application, introducing the adventure, goals, challenges, team, route… Video similar to kickstarter or go-fund-me projects. Be enthusiastic, be excited, get the crowds on your side because you will need their vote.
This video will be public.
Application will be submitted with a form containing other relevant information including detailed budget. This information will not be published as we expect it to be subject to many changes in the adventure preparation phase. Experienced pilots in our team will also provide advice and guidance in making the budget smart and correct.
Engage the paramotor community!
Your fellow paramotor pilots and friends have their word to say! All video applications will be published and the community will be asked to vote on Facebook for their favorite.
Now, you understand why we need the video application:-) Grab their attention, share your enthusiasm and excitement, ask for their vote.
The Jury will listen to the public vote very carefully. In the end it’s the pilots community to pay for your adventures.
Choosing the coolest adventures
Applications will be evaluated by the jury members based on these criteria:
- How cool/pioneer/challenging/exotic is the adventure?
- Does the adventure follow a higher cause (wildlife protection, human rights, personal emotional message, …)?
- Is the adventure reasonably safe? Sure, every adventure involves some risks and risks add value to adventure. Yet are safety concerns addressed? Is the team skilled enough to do it?
- Is the team ready and skilled enough to share. We want to have fun, too! We want you to share your adventure with us and with the community. In the end it is the pilots community who paid for your adventure . Be grateful and share.
- Is the budget relevant and smart?
The Jury will listen to the public vote very carefully. In the end it’s the pilots community to pay for the adventures.
All we want from you is the same thing we did for you:
- Make all other pilots positively envious and inspire them to take on their next adventure. This is why you need to document your adventure with videos, photos and stories.
“If it is not on video, it didn’t happen. “
- Share your adventure: Make videos, post photos, give interviews in magazines or even TV news …
- All your videos, your website, Instagram or Facebook posts,… shall be clearly labeled “Supported by AdventureWINGMAN.org” and marked with logos of the main sponsors of the Fund. We assume you will have other sponsors as well and we have no problem with that either.
- You will be committed to share all raw footage and photos with us and our main sponsors. We would use the footage to make a nice edit. We would also like to make a video compilation of all supported adventures at the end of the year. Now imagine how cool that will be!
- Apart of that footage we will want you to shoot exclusive video interview shot before and after the trip. We will ask you to share your experience and know-how to encourage other pilots to do similar adventures.
- Exclusive story/report for our website